Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ginkgo/Little Fan Pattern

I may have mentioned that I'm working on a series of leaf patterns that I will offer as a collection for sale in my Etsy store. I shared this one on the FreeForm Crochet Group, and I'm sharing it here.
I will have another more articulated and larger version in the Leaf Collection.

I miss the gingkos that i would visit each fall and collect leaves from. Their fruit smelled like chesse, a funky edibility. They adorned a strip near the railraod track that ran through the center of town, right by the bridge and parallel to the river. They shimmered in the fall with their yellow gold green leaves. I read they are the oldest of tree form families.

Gingko/Little Fan

Ch 4, 4 DC in 4th ch from hook, turn
ch2, 3 dc in first dc, 2 dc in next 3 dc, 3 dc in last dc, turn
ch2, sl st in same st, (small picot made), sl st across to #5, make large picot: ch3
slst in same st, sl st to edge, at edge picot: ch 2 sl st in same st,
sl st down side 5 times to center dc (#3)
ch 4, sl st in second chain from hook & up chain to in center dc
sl st 5 times up side to starting sl st
fasten off weave ends in.

Joy in the making,
Akua

No comments: