Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Flying Bird and Hope's Birds

akua, akua lezli hope, akuadesigns, bird crochet, bird pin

akua, akua lezli hope, akuadesigns, bird crochet, bird pin

I saw a bird that was knit, that I coveted. I searched the web for bird patterns, knowing I had looked before, and found the Peace Dove and Caroline's Birds.

http://www.marloscrochetcorner.com/birds.html
I did a riff on Caroline's Birds, unable somehow to follow the pattern, and invented my own wings. I've yet to do the Peace Dove.


http://web.archive.org/web/20070624023221/http://home.wideopenwest.com/~sag55/dove.html

But both of these handsome objects are much bigger than the little flying pin I saw. And I am so delighted that after three tries, I have a version that I like and a pattern that I've written.

a, akua lezli hope, akuadesigns, bird crochet, bird pin

Watching the return to Narnia and Prince Caspian last night, I worked on the pattern for the sitting bird, which
reminded me of my parents, and following Marlo's lovely example, I'm naming the pattern Hope's Birds for my mother, whom I love and miss greatly. She was an exquisite creator of wearables with an unerring eye. The Hope's Birds pattern will be posted soon and for free.

akua, akua lezli hope, akuadesigns, bird crochet, bird crochet pattern, Hope's Birds
akua, akua lezli hope, akuadesigns, bird crochet, bird crochet pattern, Hope's Birds
akua, akua lezli hope, akuadesigns, bird crochet, bird crochet pattern, Hope's Birds

No comments: