Sunday, March 15, 2009

Akua's Daisy





I have learned soooo much on the internet and been comforted by other thread and yarn bearers!
I love flowers and am now working toward another flower pattern collection. I like dimensional
flowers, but am impatient: if a flower takes more than an 90 minutes, it's not for me ( as certain
chrysanthemum patterns do). Anyway I'm delighted to have decoded my improvisation and refined it.

And along the way, I've imprinted my own daisy, as I couldn't find my Daisy patterns.
(I know you all may be thinking, she could just look them up, but once I'm out of the wheelchair,
that's it for awhile and my bed is another worksite with table, hooks, yarns at one side, patterns
notes and tools in a huge canvas bag at the other).

So here's Akua's Daisy

Sl ring, ch1, 5 sc in ring: 5 sc
sc in each sc: 5 sc
sc in each sc: 5 sc
*sl st, ch3, trc, (ch2, sl st: picot), trc, ch3, sl st*, in each sc: 5 petals
Fasten off.


Variation
Sl ring, ch1, 5sc
sc in each sc: 5sc
sc in each sc: 5 sc
*slst, ch3, 2trc, ch3, slst*, in each sc: 5 petals
Fasten off.





Variation
With color A:
Sl ring, ch1, 5 sc
sc in each sc: 5 sc
sc in each sc: 5 sc
sl st to first sc, fasten off.
join Color B in same spot
*sl st, ch3, trc, (ch2, sl st: picot), trc, ch3, sl st*, in each sc: 5 petals
Fasten off.


It's my favorite "fill in" flower for BLOOM.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such lovely flower patterns! I always add a handmade gift along with a store-bought one for my nieces' birthdays and plan on joining the flowers to create necklaces for them this year. I'm so glad I saw your pattern on Ravelry. Have a great day!! Suzanne

kim•ber•ly said...

Beautiful! So glad you shared your pattern.

Akua Lezli Hope said...

Thanks so much for you kind remarks!

Anonymous said...

My 87 yr old mom is a chemo hat "pheonom". I keep thinking I should have put a "hat counter" on her 10 years ago. These flowers are perfect pizzazz for a hat! Thanks for the free pattern!

Unknown said...

thank u so much for the beautiful flower pattern....

Ginny of Sunflowers at Home said...

Love this pattern. Just wanted to let you know that I am featuring it as the first day of my June Blooms crochet-a-long. You will see it June 1st on www.sunflowersathome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. I'll be using it to decorate my baby girl's clothings.