Thursday, January 15, 2009

Heart in Hand Series




My first Heart in Hand pin created for an Etsy competition has a crystal quartz bead on a merino wool heart,on a merino wool hand.



This pin speaks of the treasures that lie within, of giving, of making connections...

Freshwater pearls grace the ivory merino wool heart, held by the hand-dyed, felted wool hand. At its longest ( tip of finger to base of palm) it is about 2.75" and at its widest it is approximately 2"


This item was created for the EtsyHookers Creative Challenge No. 5. You can view all the entries on our team blog at http://etsyhookers.blogspot.com. Voting will begin on February 16th at 12 noon EST and everyone is invited to vote.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This heart in hand is fabulous - where or where can I find the pattern? (felicity2@earthlink.net) thank you so much!!

Akua Lezli Hope said...

Thanks, Felicity for the compliment! I've published a pattern set of hearts. I've tried to transcribe the hand for a pattern, but it's beyond
my ability to write it down in a way that's replicable. I know what I mean, but when I do what I wrote, I don't get what I want. The hand begins at the wrist in a circle, and I vary the start
depending on the yarn.. and I vary the both the
hand size, the finger lengths and the thumb vs
forefinger depth.... so for some yarns a finger is
all sl st, fo others, its sl st and then sc...